Please Enter a Search Term
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTING A PRIME CONSULTANT WITHOUT A DESIGN COMPETITION
- FM determines the type of consulting service required and develops a project brief for use in the selection process.
- FM reviews Source Files and prepares a list of candidate Prime Consultants which it deems are suitable for the project.
- FM recommends to the Vice-President (Administration and Finance) a Selection Advisory Committee (SAC) consisting of:
- The Director of FM
- An Assistant Director of FM
- Representatives of Faculty or User Groups or, in the case of the Grenfell Campus, the Vice-President (Grenfell) or delegate
- Others as appropriate for the project
- The Vice-President (Administration and Finance) approves the membership of the SAC.
- FM invites candidate Prime Consultants to submit a brief indicating the makeup and expertise of the architectural and/or engineering team (including subconsultants) proposed for the project, the understanding of the proposed project, the manner in which the work is intended to be performed, and the fee structure.
- The SAC reviews the submissions and may interview the candidate Prime Consultants and subconsultants. Past work experience relative to the University is also considered.
- The SAC evaluates the candidate Prime Consultants and prepares a report on its findings which clearly identifies the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate Prime Consultant and includes a recommendation of the preferred Prime Consultant. The report is forwarded to the Vice-President (Administration and Finance) for comment and submission to the President The President then submits the aforementioned documentation, together with any additional comments, to the Board of Regents.
- The Board of Regents considers the report, associated information and recommended preferred Consultant and decides the Prime Consultant.
- FM communicates the decision of the Board to the successful proponent.
- In the event that subconsultants are not part of the team proposed by the Prime Consultant, separate approval must be obtained from the Board of Regents for their appointment.
Policies using this procedure: