1. Official receipts for taxation purposes of gifts and gifts-in-kind directly to the University are prepared on behalf of the University by the Office of Alumni Affairs and Development and/or the Department of Financial and Administrative Services.
2. Official receipts of gifts to the University from non-alumni donors in the U.S.A. are issued by The Friends of Memorial University of Newfoundland in the United States.
3. Recording and reporting of gifts and gifts-in-kind is done by the Office of Alumni Affairs and Development and the Department of Financial and Administrative Services working in collaboration. This information is published periodically for the benefit of the Board of Regents and the general public.
4. In the case of certain large designated gifts, the University undertakes to arrange for reporting to donors periodically concerning the use made of their gift or the progress being made by their funded project. This periodic reporting is coordinated by the Office of Alumni Affairs and Development counting heavily on the cooperation of those in the University most directly benefiting from these gifts.
5. The Office of the Vice-President (Administration and Finance) and the Office of Alumni Affairs and Development may be consulted by prospective donors or their lawyers as to suitable language to be used in making a gift or bequest.