Procedure for Making a Capital Equipment Purchase
There are two types of Capital Equipment forms required when purchasing capital equipment. They are to be used as described below:
1. Capital Equipment Purchase Order Addendum
All purchases of capital equipment with a value greater than $10,000 will require completion of the "Capital Equipment Purchase Order Addendum" form. This form is required by the Department of Technical Services. The form should be completed by the supplier when submitting a tender quotation, or if the purchase did not go to tender, prior to the issuance of a purchase order.
In the event the supplier is not willing to complete the capital equipment purchase order addendum form, then the purchasing department should consult with the Director of Technical Services.
2. Capital Equipment Form
The "Capital Equipment" form must be completed for all equipment purchases that meets any one or more of the following conditions:
- Require special electrical services or drainage.
- Is large in size and requires special handling.
- Requires Technical Services handling for installation and/or servicing.
- Costs in excess of $2,500, the only exception being for the purchase of IBM and Compatible Personal Computer.