PROCEDURE TO USE DIRECT PAY
1. Purchase orders are to be used in all purchasing situations. If the option to use a purchase order is not provided by the supplier, then a direct pay form may be used. The procedures for completing a requisition and obtaining quotations still apply to acquisitions by direct pay.
2. Direct Pay forms are available from the Department of Financial and Administrative Services.
3. Type of Purchases Authorized for Direct Pay.
The only types of purchases to be made on direct pay forms, provided the option to use a purchase order is not available, are those listed below. All other purchases of goods and services must be made by petty cash, procurement card or purchase order.
Items authorized for direct pay acquisition:
4. The supplier invoice is required prior to preparation and processing of the Direct Pay.
5. Order and/or Application Form - Cost Known
Where an order and/or application form is required, the form must be completed by the appropriate department and then forwarded to Financial and Administrative Services with the original copy of the direct pay form for the amount required. The Department of Financial and Administrative Services will issue a cheque and mail it with the application form.