Please Enter a Search Term
PROCEDURE FOR STAFF REALLOCATION
The Department of Human Resources recommends the following actions to assist a displaced permanent employee in locating alternative employment with the University:
- All vacant permanent positions approved for advertising will be reviewed by the Department of Human Resources for suitability as alternative employment for a displaced employee.
- To ensure consistency with the purpose of this policy a displaced employee will be considered for lateral positions and positions at a lower band level.
- The individual's suitability for the position will be determined based upon a review of the employee's education, training and experience.
- No further action will be taken in the advertising of a vacant permanent post where it is determined that the employee meets the required qualifications and experience for the advertised position.
- The employing department will be contacted regarding the vacant position to discuss participation in the probationary reallocation.
- The employee will subsequently be contacted with full details regarding the position involved. An opportunity to discuss the position with the employing department will be provided.
- Employees will be required to accept lateral permanent positions. Where suitable vacant lateral positions do not exist, employees will be encouraged to accept permanent positions at a lower band level.
- The employee will be allocated to the employing department for a period of up to six months on a probationary basis. If the arrangement is successful after the six month probationary period, the reallocation of the employee will be made on a permanent basis.
In cases where the reallocation arrangement has been unsuccessful the employing department will be required to provide a rationale why the arrangement was not successful. If the rationale is determined to be valid, the above process will be repeated.
Employees will retain permanent employee status during the above reallocation process, which will not exceed six months from the date of employee notification.
Policies using this procedure: