Procedure for Cellular Usage
- All requests for cellular telephones, cellular air packages, wireless handheld devices (or similar) or related equipment, must be routed through Information Technology Services. Requests for cellular equipment or services, whether purchased, leased or rented - including acquisitions funded from grants - must be approved by the appropriate Unit Head, to ensure that University guidelines are followed.
- Information Technology Services evaluates each request on an individual request basis to ensure that the acquired cellular device and services meet the subscriber's University business requirements at the lowest cost.
- Information Technology Services provide advice and recommendations regarding equipment, network, accessories and payment method.
- Information Technology Services issue the purchase orders, create accounts and arrange for payment of all charges.
- Requests for changes to existing cellular accounts are to be directed to Information Technology Services.
- All invoices must be directed to Information Technology Services.
- Billing costs are separated into equipment and long distance charges. Invoices are paid directly from the requesting unit's budget by Information Technology Services.
- Copies of invoices are mailed to units for reconciliation of costs. Cellular subscribers/users are responsible for reconciling all charges associated with cellular usage. Discrepancies and enquiries may be directed to Information Technology Services.
Cellular devices are provided for University business only. Where, in special circumstances, a cellular device is used for purposes other than University business, and expenses are incurred as a result, payment of all such expenses, including all applicable taxes, must be made to the Cashier or Bursar’s Office.