The following Policies are in the consultation stage:
- Use of Copyright Materials (new) - until March 31, 2011
- Emergency Management - until March 14, 2011
- Smoking (revised) - until March 30, 2011
For details on these policies (including information on how to provide feedback), and the status of other Policies, go to Policy Status on the left menu bar.
At its meeting on March 17, 2011, the Board of Regents approved the Appropriate Use of Computing Resources Policy (revised) which can be viewed under Browse Policies on the left menu bar. The implementation and communication plans are being executed.
A series of presentations were given to various University groups in March as follows:
- March 2: Donna Ball provided a presentation on Governance and Policy Development to the Botanical Garden
- March 7: Donna Ball provided a presentation on Memorial's Policy and Procedures Framework to the new Vice-Presidents' Council
- March 7: Donna Ball and Glenn Collins, in collaboration with the Department of Human Resources, and the Office of Succession Planning, presented an overview of Governance at Memorial. The University community were invited to bring along lunch and participate in this question and answer session. A copy of the presentation can be viewed at http://www.mun.ca/regents/Governance_Lunch-Learn-2011.pdf
- March 8: Donna Ball provided a presentation on Policy Administration to the Administrative Directors' Group
Attendance was excellent and feedback indicated that participants had gained worthwhile knowledge and insight on Governance, Policy Development and Administration at Memorial.