Dissemination: WCB Research and Workplace Innovation Program 2013
Please find below information from WCB Manitoba concerning upcoming funding opportunities under the Research and Workplace Innovation Program. Funding from this opportunity is available via two streams: (i) Scientific Research and (ii) Workplace Innovation. Full applications must be received by WCB no later than June 25, 2013 at 4:00pm. Please see below for information on Office of Research Services internal deadlines.
NOTE: Researchers interested in submitting an application for a Scientific Research Proposal must also submit a Notice of Intent by May 8th, 2013. This Notice of Intent is not required to be reviewed by the Office of Research Services but we ask that a copy be forwarded to us for your file once it has been submitted.
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Comprehensive Review for this competition is: noon, 10 working days before the sponsor deadline.
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Institutional Review for this competition is: noon, 3 working days before the sponsor deadline.
- When submitting an application for Institutional Review, be sure to include the appropriate Approval Form from your Department/Faculty with the application.
- Please notify a Grants Coordinator at the Office of Research Services of your intent to apply to the upcoming competition.
Contact for Faculty of Medicine, Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, HKR, and Grenfell Campus is Vicki Gill, email@example.com , 709-864-3045.
Contact for Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Engineering, and Marine Institute is Mandy Strickland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-864-3805.
Contact for Faculty of Science, Business Administration, Education, School of Music, and the Labrador Institute is Tasha Harrold, email@example.com , 709-864-4745.
Further details on processes for institutional review and approval are available at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
The Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba (WCB) is committed to preventing work-related injuries and illnesses and to fostering a strong workplace safety and health culture in Manitoba. The WCB Research and Workplace Innovation Program (RWIP) will support and fund:
- High quality scientific research that will lead to a reduction in the incidence, morbidity and mortality from work-related injury and disease;
- The development, implementation and evaluation of innovative, practical, shop-floor solutions to improving workplace health and safety and fostering successful rehabilitation and productive return to work of injured or ill workers; and
- The effective translation of research knowledge into practical applications that can be used in the workplace to prevent occupational injury and disease and foster successful rehabilitation and productive return to work of injured or ill workers.
A Notice of Intent to apply for the Scientific Research Projects stream is required by May 8th, 2013, and full applications must be received by the WCB by 4 p.m. June 25th, 2013. A Notice of Intent is not required for the Workplace Innovation Projects stream, and full applications must be received by the WCB by 4 p.m. June 25th, 2013. For additional information, including eligibility requirements and application instructions, please see the WCB website.