2014 Admission Interviews
Other Important Information
How to Get Here
Interviews for admission to the School of Pharmacy for September 2014 will be held at the Health Sciences Centre (HSC), 300 Prince Phillip, Dr., St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, AIB 3V6 - Click here to see where we are on Google Maps
Parking is available in the long-term parking lot (near the heli-pad on the northwest side of the Health Sciences Centre). This is a coin operated, gated lot and it costs $5 to park for the day. This gate accepts only $1 and $2 coins so remember to bring enough change with you.
- Enter the Health Sciences Centre (HSC) on the west side through the Patient Entrance. Click here to view the campus map and a directional floor plan of the Health Sciences Centre.
- Follow the orange coloured signs to the Student Lounge. These will be posted on the bottom of the main directional signs and on the walls.
- Check-in at the Student Lounge with photo identification (driver's license, school ID card or a valid passport).
- Interviews will run from 9:00am - 5:45pm on June 6 and 7, 2014.
- Volunteer pharmacy students will be in the Student Lounge to welcome you, answer questions, and escort you to the interview waiting area a few minutes before your scheduled interview.
- You do not need to bring anything to the interview. In fact you are not permitted to bring anything; everything will be provided.
- You will be interviewed by a panel of three: two practicing pharmacists and one faculty member from the School of Pharmacy.
- The written part of the interview is non-academic in nature.
- Both the oral and written components of the interview normally lasts about 40-45 minutes each to complete.
- IMPORTANT: If you are unable to attend your scheduled interview after you've accepted our invitation to attend, please contact Heather Bugler as soon as possible at (709) 777-8300 or email@example.com so that another applicant can be invited to fill your place. Failure to attend your interview without notification will result in the immediate withdrawal of your application and future applications will not be considered for two admission cycles.
Other Important Information
- The School of Pharmacy does not pay for applicant travel expenses associated with the admission interview.
- Reasonable on-campus accommodation at one of the University residences may be available. Go to http://www.mun.ca/hfcs/housingservices then click on Summer Accommodations on the menu bar on the right or call (709) 864-7590.
- Lunch is not provided. You may choose to bring your own lunch or have lunch at a cafe in the Health Sciences Centre.
- Tours of the School of Pharmacy will be available throughout the day either before or after your interview -- but please don't be late or miss your interview.
- A Friday Night Student-Only Meet & Greet - will be hosted by School of Pharmacy students on Friday night from 7:00-9:00 pm in the Student Lounge. Dress casual and come on out and meet other applicants and current pharmacy students.
What happens next?
- By mid to late June you will be notified by email as to the outcome of your admission application.
- If you are offered admission to the School of Pharmacy, you will have two weeks to accept the offer.
- If you would like general feedback on the outcome of your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (709) 777- 6963.
Contact us at (709) 777-8300 or email email@example.com.