2015 Admission Interviews
Other Important Information
How to Get Here
Interviews for admission to the School of Pharmacy in September 2015 will be held at the Health Sciences Centre (HSC), 300 Prince Phillip, Dr., St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, AIB 3V6 - Click here to see where we are on Google Maps
On Friday, parking is available on the northwest side of the Health Sciences Centre near the heli-pad. The rate is $0.75 per hour.
On Saturday, parking is available on the northwest side of the Health Sciences Centre near the heli-pad, in parking lot 9 or in the parking garage east of the Health Sciences Centre.
- Enter the Health Sciences Centre (HSC) on the west side through the Patient Entrance (main entrance to the hospital).
- Follow the orange coloured signs to the Student Lounge. These signs will be posted on several walls leading you to the Lounge.
- Check-in at the Student Lounge with photo identification (driver's license, school ID card or a valid passport are acceptable). Photo ID must be shown before your interview.
- The first oral interview is at 9:00am and the last one starts at 5:00pm on both June 5 and 6, 2015.
- Volunteer pharmacy students will be in the Student Lounge to welcome you, answer questions, and escort you to the interview waiting area a few minutes before your scheduled interview.
- You are not permitted to bring anything into the interview; anything you need will be provided to you.
- You will be interviewed by a panel of three people: two practicing pharmacists and one faculty member from the School of Pharmacy.
- The written part of the interview is non-academic in nature.
- Both the oral and written parts of the interview normally takes about 40-45 minutes to complete.
- IMPORTANT: If you're unable to attend your scheduled interview after you've accepted our invitation to attend, please contact Heather Bugler as soon as possible at (709) 777-8300 or email@example.com so that another applicant can be invited to fill your place. Failure to attend your interview without notification will result in the immediate withdrawal of your application and future applications will not be considered for two admission cycles.
Other Important Information
- The School of Pharmacy does not pay for applicant travel expenses associated with the admission interview.
- Reasonable on-campus accommodation at one of the University residences may be available. Go to http://www.mun.ca/hfcs/summer_accommodations/ or call (709) 864-7590.
- Lunch is not provided. You may choose to bring your own lunch or have lunch at a cafe in the Health Sciences Centre.
- Tours of the School of Pharmacy will be available throughout the day either before or after your interview -- but please don't be late or miss your interview.
- A Friday Night Student Only - Meet & Greet - will be hosted by School of Pharmacy students on Friday night from 7:00-9:00 pm in the Student Lounge. Dress casual and come on out and meet other applicants and current pharmacy students.
What happens next?
- By the latter part of June, you will be notified by email whether or not you are being offered admission to the program in September 2015.
- If you are offered admission, you will have 10 days to accept or reject the offer.
- If you are not offered admission but would like general verbal feedback on the outcome of your application/interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to talk in person or by phone. Please allow some time for response as the school receives numerous requests from unsuccessful applicants.
Contact us at (709) 777-8300 or email email@example.com.