2013 Admission Interviews
Other Important Information
How to Get Here
Interviews for admission to the School of Pharmacy for September 2013 will be held at the Health Sciences Centre (HSC), 300 Prince Phillip, Dr., St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, AIB 3V6 - Click here to see where we are on Google Maps
Parking is available in the long-term parking lot (near the heli-pad on the northwest side of the Health Sciences Centre). This is a coin operated, gated lot and it costs $5 to park for the day. This gate only accepts $1 and $2 coins so remember to bring enough change with you.
- Enter the Health Sciences Centre (HSC) on the west side through the Patient Entrance. Click here to view the campus map and a directional floor plan of the Health Sciences Centre.
- Follow the orange coloured signs to the Student Lounge. These will be posted on the bottom of the main directional signs and on the walls.
- Check-in at the Student Lounge with photo identification (driver's license, school ID card or a valid passport).
- Interviews will run from 9:00am - 5:45 pm on May 24 and 25, 2013.
- Volunteer pharmacy students will be in the Student Lounge to welcome you, answer questions, and escort you to the interview waiting area a few minutes before your scheduled interview.
- You are not permitted to bring anything into the interview. Everything will be provided.
- You will be interviewed by a panel of three: two practicing pharmacists and one faculty member from the School of Pharmacy.
- You will also be required to complete a written, non-academic assessment. Both the oral and written component of the interview should take approximately 40-45 minutes each to complete.
- IMPORTANT: If you are unable to attend your scheduled interview after you have accepted our invitation to attend, you must contact Heather Bugler as soon as possible at (709) 777-8300 or email@example.com sothat another applicant can be invited to fill your spot. Failure to attend your interview without notification will result in the immediate withdrawal of your application and future applications will not be considered for two admission cycles.
Other Important Information
- The School of Pharmacy does not pay for applicant travel expenses associated with the admissions interview.
- Reasonable on-campus accommodation at one of the University residences may be available. Go to http://www.mun.ca/hfcs/housingservices then click on Summer Accommodations on the menu bar on the right or call (709) 864-7590.
- Lunch is not provided. You may choose to bring your own lunch or have lunch at the Tim Horton's located in the Health Sciences Centre.
- Tours of the School of Pharmacy will be available throughout the day. You may take a tour before or after your interview but please don't be late for or miss your interview.
- A Friday Night Student-Only Meet & Greet - will be hosted by School of Pharmacy students on Friday night from 7:00-9:00 pm in the Student Lounge. Dress casual and come on out and meet other applicants and current students.
What happens next?
- By early to mid June you will be notified by email as to the outcome of your admission application.
- If you are offered admission to the School of Pharmacy, you will have two weeks to accept the offer.
- If you would like general feedback on the outcome of your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (709) 777- 6963.
Contact us at (709) 777-8300 or email email@example.com.