The grants facilitator provides a first point of contact and acts as communication liaison between School of Pharmacy researchers and administrators and the two branches of the Office of Vice-President (Research): the Office of Research Services (ORS) and the Office of Collaborations and Partnerships (OCP).
The grants facilitator's role is to:
- work with above units to ensure researchers are appropriately educated on and familiar with University and sponsoring agencies' policies, guidelines, and deadlines
- identify funding opportunities relevant to the research focus of the School of Pharmacy and its Faculty members
- develop potential multidisciplinary collaborative research initiatives
- guide researchers in the development of applications and proposals
- assist with writing and editing of proposals
- review applications to ensure compliance with University and sponsor policies
- identify signing authorities and obtain signatures for applications as needed
For a listing of funding opportunities and general institutional deadlines, please visit the Research Grant Opportunities page of the Office of Research Services.
For additional information please contact Kristine Day, grants facilitator for the School of Pharmacy.
About our grants facilitator
Kristine holds a B.Sc. (Biology, Hons.) from Memorial and an M.Sc. (Cell Biology & Physiology) from the University of Alberta. She has held research assistant positions in immunology, cancer, and neuroscience laboratories within academia, and moved into the administrative side of research upon joining the School of Pharmacy in January 2012.
School of Pharmacy
Memorial University of Newfoundland
75 Tiffany Court, Room 131A
St. John's, NL A0A 0L1
Telephone: (709) 777-2439
Fax: (709) 777-8886