2011-2012 Academic Year
Tiago Hori (Ph.D)- Drs. Kurt Gamperl and Matt Rise Superivisor
- Fellow of the School of Graduate Studies (MUN) awarded on completion of PhD
Arnault Le Bris (Ph.D)- Dr. Joe Wroblewski Supervisor
- Best PhD presentation at the Biology Graduate Student Symposium (BGSA).
Ainsley Latour (M.Sc)-Dr. Don Deibel Supervisor
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada PGSM Award
Anne Provencher St. Pierre (M.Sc)-DR. Pat Gagnon Supervisor
- NSERC Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarships [CGS M]
- Bourse de maîtrise en recherche (B1) du Fonds de recherche du Québec - Nature et technologies (FQRNT)
Scott Caines (M.Sc)- Dr. Pat Gagnon Supervisor
- LGL Limited Scholarship (2012).
Xi Xue (M.Sc)- Dr. Matt Rise Supervisor
- Research & Development Corporation (RDC) Ocean Industries Student Research Award
Qingheng Xu (M.Sc)-Dr. Matt Rise Supervisor
- Fellow of the School of Graduate Studies (MUN) awarded on completion of MSc
Dr. Tiago Hori (Post-doctoral fellow)- Dr. Matt Rise
- Travel award to attend and present a poster at "Genomics: the Power and the Promise" Gairdner Foundation – Genome Canada Event, Ottawa, ON, November 2012.
- MITACS travel award to attend the Canadian Bioinformatics Workshop, Toronto, ON, June 2012.
Isabel Costa- (Ph.D)- Dr. Kurt Gamperl supervisor
- Holton award at the Canadian Society of Zoologists conference in Sackville, NB. The award is for the best poster presentation for the Comparative Physiology and Biochemistry Section
Sandrine Baillon – (Ph.D)- Dr. Annie Mercier Supervisor
- Best student poster award in the biological theme for presenting part of her Ph.D. results on "Spatial trends in biometric characteristics of two dominant sea pens in the Northwest Atlantic." at the International Symposium on Deep-Sea Corals held 1-6 April 2012, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Kyle Matheson (M.Sc)- Dr. Pat Gagnon Supervisor
- Cooke Aquaculture/Canadian Centre for Fisheries Innovation Award for best graduate student oral presentation at the 22nd Science Atlantic Aquaculture & Fisheries Conference (2012).
Matthew English (BSc Hons.)- Dr. Annie Mercier Supervisor
- Best oral presentation, Memorial University, Biology Undergraduate Research Symposium, March 201