MUN Student Music Society Gala and Silent Auction
Everyone knows the cost of university is on the rise, right? The Student Music Society (SMS) has decided to do something about it by raising money to endow a needs-based scholarship at Memorial University’s School of Music. What better way to raise money and celebrate music than a gala concert with silent auction, reception and cash bar?
On Saturday, February 12, MC (and CBC host) Francesca Swann will host a magical evening of music featuring an eclectic mix of classical, jazz, and popular music. East Coast Music nominees Duo Concertante will share the stage with the Bill Brennan Trio and popular local bands Pre-Raphaelites and Bonavista Chainlocker. The evening will be rounded out by the vocal group Afterglow and MUN’s own Paddywagon Trombone Quartet. What do these groups have in common? They all feature musicians connected to the School of Music and they are all guaranteed to give you a great time!
The silent auction features many enticing items, such as a guitar, spa and hair styling certificates, restaurant meals, CDs, and concert passes to the 2011-12 season of Music at Memorial. The SMS aims to raise $10,000 in order to endow the scholarship, which will be available to a student with demonstrated financial need. Join us at D.F. Cook Recital Hall for a great night out and help raise money for a worthwhile cause!
- Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011
- Time: Silent Auction: 7pm; Concert: 8pm
- Location: D.F. Cook Recital Hall, MUN School of Music
- Cost: $30 for general admission, $15 for students.
- Complimentary reception and cash bar.
- Details: To reserve tickets or make a donation, call: 740-3740 or 685-7246. Tickets are also available at Fred’s Music and at the door (cash only).