Rental terms & conditions
All rentals of D. F. Cook Recital Hall and Suncor Energy Hall for public performances must include the use of at least one student assistant for the duration of the session. This salary is NOT included the rental rate. Rental of all other rooms do not require the use of an assistant. Qualified, trained student personnel are available upon request, to provide the following services: ushering, Coat-check, box office, sound, lighting, stage, backstage and general assistance.
The following regulations apply to facilities usage:
- The Client is responsible for keeping the rooms in a clean condition and returning all furniture to its original position. If this is not done, an additional charge ($50 min) may be levied on the rental fee;
- The Client is responsible for ensuring that no food or beverages are consumed in the D.F. Recital Hall, Suncor Energy Hall or other rental spaces. Smoking is not permitted inside the building;
- One small dressing room is normally available for Recital Hall rentals;
- Only School-approved technicians are permitted to operate any D.F. Cook Recital Hall or Suncor Energy Hall equipment. Requests to use independent technicians must be made to the Music Technology Specialist. All independent technicians must be accompanied by a paid student assistant.
- If staging assistants are required, they may be supplied by the Client, but they are subject to the control of the School of Music's employees;
- Receptions requiring beverages or food are not normally permitted; however, they may be permitted under special circumstances with prior approval from the School of Music. Chartwells has an exclusive catering contract in all Memorial University facilities. Please telephone 864-8124 for further information;
- The School reserves the right to determine an appropriate staffing level for all events;
- No University equipment may be moved or used without the School of Music's permission;
- The pianos are available for use in all rentable spaces in the School of Music, in "as is" condition. If a piano tuning is required, it must be requested with the School of Music. Tunings may only be done by a technician approved by the School of Music. Staff at the School will schedule the tuning, but invoicing and payment are between the client and the technician;
- The Client is responsible for ensuring that all advertising, posters and recital programs use the formal name of the space being used (eg: Charles Hutton Choral Room, DF Cook Hall, as per Appendix 3).
- The Client is not permitted to affix posters or signage in the M.O. Morgan building without permission;
- Clients under the co-sponsored agreement are required to use the official logos of the School of Music and Memorial University of Newfoundland on all advertising, posters and recital programs.
- The School of Music reserves the right to demand payment of all charges in advance by cash or certified cheque, if this is deemed necessary;
- Clients will be billed by the University. Payment is due within 30 days of the billing date; delinquent accounts will be referred to the university's collections process.
- Each room has been provided with chairs for the capacity of the room, and in no circumstances will these capacities be exceeded.
- Clients must provide notification of cancellation of event no less than 48 hours prior to its start. Cancellation after this time is subject to a penalty equal to 50% of the rental agreement (excluding wages). Events that are cancelled without notification will be billed as per the original booking;
- Client billing is based on the higher of the projected or actual facilities usage.
- The Client indemnifies and saves harmless the University, the University’s officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, loss, damage, cost or expense which the University may sustain, incur, suffer or be required to pay by reason of the Client’s breach of this Agreement or act or omission in the performance of the services.
- Failure on the part of the Client to adhere to any or all of these regulations will result in the cancellation of the booking or the denial of the opportunity to rent School of Music rooms in the future;
The following rooms are available for rental:
|D F Cook Recital Hall||MU-1045||296|
|Suncor Energy Hall||MU-1050||120|
|Charles Hutton Choral Room||MU-1032||130|
|MMaP Gallery*||Arts & Culture Centre||49|
*Contact MMap (864-2051) for details.
Other facilities may be available upon written request to the Dean of the School of Music.