Friday October 19th, 2012. All across campus, everywhere!
The concept is simple: On Friday, Oct. 19, students, faculty, staff and retirees can show their kindness, and appreciation for someone or something.
It's kindness – just because...and it's all a part of Kindness Friday
Everyone is invited to do something special, to show kindness to one another, students, the community, or the environment.
University-wide, this year's initiative will be Fill-the-Square with
non-perishable food items to benefit the Canadian Food Sharing Association, and the MUN Food Bank.
Food Donation Ideas:
- bags of white flour
- bags of sugar
- bottles of cooking oil (vegetable or canola, not peanut, and preferably 946 ml, please)
- packages of elbow macaroni or spaghetti, larger sized packages preferred
- cans of vegetable or chicken noodle soup
- cans of fruit (not individual size)
- 1 litre containers of orange or apple juice
- cans of milk (whole, not 2%, please)
- individual juice boxes (no kiwi please)
- cans of whole kernel corn, preferably 341ml
- cans of protein: tuna, chicken, turkey or ham
- cans of peas
This year Facilities Management will be Picking Up items at locations all over campus.
DROP OFF, PICK UP and DELIVERY SCHEDULE
Please have all collections to the following bays for pick up by Facilities Management at the times assigned:
7:45 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. - Corte Real (Campus Food Bank ) AND Hatcher House Residence - volunteers will be available to help with collection!
ALL DAY - Hatcher House - Fill-the-Square
|Arts and Administration Building main building (rear of Arts, by mailroom) loading bay|
|1:20 p.m.||Medical School loading bay (to the left of the south entrance, courtyard, facing the pond)|
|1:50 p.m.||Engineering Building (east, across from Business) loading bay|
|2:20 p.m.||Library (west, across from Education) loading bay|
|2:40 p.m.||Math Building (H Harvey, upper part of lot 15 ext. facing Elizabeth Ave.) loading bay|
|3:00 p.m.||Science Building (Area 6, across the hall from SN-1107) loading bay|
|3:15 p.m.||Hatcher House - Residence Square|
|3:30 p.m.||Campus Food Bank, Corte Real - big delivery!|
- working in the Community Food Garden
- providing the Boys and Girls Club with second-hand bikes (or whatever is needed most)
- donating blood through Canadian Blood Services
- visiting seniors or the sick and bring a little joy in to someone's day
- Paying It Forward by sending cards of appreciation (United Way and Faculty of Arts initiative)
- Collecting food for the Community Service Learning Day Soup Kitchen at the Gower Street United Church (Menu coming soon)
- Collecting personal care items in partnership with Street Reach
Are you a community organization in need of some help? Give Memorial some idea's to help you out! Contact email@example.com and we can add your project to our website!
Have a plan for this years Kindness Friday? We want to hear all about it so we can share it with everyone visiting the website. Simply click the link below to get started!