Ocean Sciences Centre 50th Anniversary Reunion
DateFriday, Sep 08, 2017 7:00PM - Saturday, Sep 09, 2017 4:00PM
LocationBitters Pub, Memorial University of Newfoundland
Put in for your time off, book the plane tickets, find a baby sitter...what ever it takes to ensure you are there. The Ocean Sciences Centre (OSC) is planning a reunion that has been 50 years in the making and we want you there. Here is what is planned:
Friday, September 8, 2017 - Friday Night Reunion Social @ Bitters Bar and Pub
- Overview: It's a great opportunity to catch up with old friends, learn what is new at OSC, create some new memories and have some laughs! It will be a relaxed social
- Cost: $25 per person plus cash bar
- Location: Bitters Bar and Pub, Feild Hall, 216 Prince Philip Drive, St. John's, NL
- Time: 7pm - 10pm
Saturday, September 9, 2017 - Open House @ Ocean Sciences Centre
- Overview: This is a chance to come by the Ocean Sciences Centre and see some familiar faces, check out what is new and stir up some old memories. Feel free to bring your family with you!
- Cost: Free (nibbles and beverages to be provided)
- Location: Ocean Sciences Centre, 0 Marine Lab Rd., St. John's, NL
- Time: 1pm - 4pm
Oh...one more thing! We can certainly use your help in spreading the word as we don't have contact information for everyone as people move, buy houses, change jobs, enter into relationships, change names, etc... We want the message to reach all our alumni and friends!
Friday Night Reunion Social - $25 per person plus cash bar | Saturday Open House - Free
As a part of this reunion, we will be collecting donations through the online registration for the "Dr. Joe Brown Scholarship". This award was established to commemorate the life and work of Dr. Joe Brown through initial contributions by his family, friends, colleagues and students. As a Professor (Research) at the Ocean Sciences Centre from 1984 to 2005, Joe established a unique reputation both for his scholarly work in the areas of behavioural ecology of fishes and cold-water aquaculture and for his radiant, passionate sense of humour, humanity and empathy, particularly concerning students. When registering we hope you will consider giving a donation in memory of Dr. Brown.
Danielle Nichols | firstname.lastname@example.org | 709-864-2459
If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please send an email to email@example.com for more information.