Create a table
Tables are useful tools for organizing data. Site Builder's text editor can be used to create a simple or complex table system to deal with large amounts of organized data.
To create a table, place the cursor where you want the table to go and click "Inserts a new table".
The "Insert/Modify table" window will open, showing the following options:
- Cols (Columns): the number of horizontal columns your table will have. Defaulted to 2.
- Rows: the number of vertical rows your table will have. Defaulted to 2.
- Cellpadding: This is the amount of space, in pixels, between the cell border and the cell content. If set to 0, the content will be flush with the borders of the cells.
- Cellspacing: The amount of space, in pixels, between individual cells in the table.
- Alignment: Allows you to align your table to the center, left or right.
- Border: The thickness of the border around the cells.
- Width: Allows you to select the width of the entire table.
- Height: Allows you to set the height of a table. Generally this attribute is left undefined, and the table will grow as you need it to. If set, large amounts of data may not fit into the table.
- Table caption
Once you have set your table properties, click "Insert". Your table will now appear in your content area.
Now your table is ready to populate with content.
After creating your table, there are a few things that you can do to make your table more tailored to your needs. These are the buttons found in the middle row of the editor.
- Table Row Properties:
- Table Cell Properties:
- Insert Row Before: Will insert a row of cells before the currently selected row
- Insert Row After: Will insert a row of cells after the currently selected row
- Delete Row: Will delete the currently selected rows and all their contents
- Insert Column Before: Will insert a column of cells before the currently selected column
- Insert Column After: Will insert a column of cells after the currently selected column
- Remove Column: Will delete the currently selected columns and all their contents
- Split Merged Table Cells: Will split the currently selected cells in half
- Merge Table Cells: Will merge multiple cells in a single row into one cell