What we offer
Web Content Serivces offers a variety of web content advantages and expertise. Some of these include:
- Site Builder is the University's internal Content Management System, or CMS. We offer university departments their own Site Builder-maintained page for their department or faculty. We administer training for the program, manage authorization and user access, and support via E-Mail or phone.
- We guide departments through the best strategies in developing or redeveloping their website’s design and content. We provide them with the tools necessary to accomplish this.
- We provide the tools, support, project management, and guidance to help departments redesign and upgrade the design and content of their webpage.
- We manage access and set-up to Google Analytics. We will help departments calculate their return on investment towards social media and help determine benchmarks for web activity.
- We can help departments convert their current site for optimized mobile use or create a new mobile-specific website that is editable through Site Builder. We provide guidance for the creation of webpage apps, user trends, and mobile optimization.
- We provide advice with regards to helping University web editors keep up with the best practices of web content editing and creation. We also provide maintenance strategies to help users keep their pages current.
- We provide the best practices in terms of usability.
- We help to develop and guide the web strategy of university departments to ensure they are getting the most out of their websites and the web.
- We provide the process of website design and web design (but not graphical design or application development, we provide guidance in conjunction with ccwebworks and C&C to complete these goals).
Policies & Processes
- We help to set the policies and procedures used to develop university department websites.
- We help provide departments and their websites with the best practices and tools with regards to accessibility; including screen readers, ALT attributes, tables, and Flash.
Digital Media Tools
- We provide guidance and knowledge regarding the best ways to use the University's digital media tools.
Web Applications & Software
- We provide access to web application and software that can expand the features and capabilities of department websites. Information
- We offer guidance in organizing and labeling department websites to support usability.
Research New Web Technology
- We research, demo, and test emerging new web technology that may aide and improve the content creation and capabilities of our websites.
- We develop blogs for our users and departments through WordPress.
Search Engine Optimization
- We provide advice with regards to optimizing search engine results and activity for department pages.
Branded Social Networking
- We provide the standards and help to help department social network tools reflect and represent the MUN brand.
Interactive Campus Maps/Tours
- We developed the interactive campus maps and tours for the University.