Certificate in Business Administration
The Certificate in Business Administration is designed for persons interested in facilitating their advancement into entry-level management positions.
The program's content reflects current trends and best practices in business administration.
Courses earned towards the certificate may also be applied toward the diploma in business administration, the general degree of Bachelor of Commerce and the Bachelor of Business Administration.
To be eligible for the Certificate in Business Administration, you must:
1. complete 30 credit hours as follows:
Business 1000 - Introduction to Business
Business 1101 - Principles of Accounting
Business 1210 - Introduction to Marketing Strategy
Business 3310 - Organizational Behaviour
Business 4000 - Business Law I
Business 4320 - Human Resource Management, or
Business 4330 - Introduction to Labour Relations
four business electives;
2. have at least two years of full-time work experience or equivalent, and
3. have at least two years during which the student has not been in full-time attendance at a secondary or post-secondary institution.
1. In order to register for degree credit courses, you must be admitted to Memorial. For admissions and registration information, please consult the Office of the Registrar.
2. Certificate requirements may be offered variously on-campus day and evenings as well via distance delivery. For availability of courses in any semester, please consult the Office of the Registrar's course offerings link.
3. No candidate will be awarded a certificate unless s/he has obtained an average of 2 points or better on the total number of credit hours required for the certificate.
4. Course prerequisites for all courses shall apply to Certificate in Business Administration students. Students should note, for example, that the prerequisites for BUSI 1210 are English 1110 or 1021, BUSI 1000, Economics 2010, Economics 2020. For course descriptions and prerequisites, see www.mun.ca/regoff/calendar/sectionNo=BUSI-0000