We will be accepting applicants from Oct.5th, 2010 until 11:59pm, Tuesday, October 19th, 2010. Applicants will be notified of their selection the following day, October 20th, 2010.
Would you like to see a different side of Memorial University Leadership, make new friendships with students on our West Coast, and network with Student Affairs and Services professionals from our Grenfell campus?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
Building on last year's Student Leadership Exchange, Student Affairs and Services professionals at both the Memorial (St. John's) and Sir Wilfred Grenfell College (Corner Brook) campuses have continued to discuss and collaborate on leadership development and promotion at their respective institutions. What was created is this year's Intercampus Student Leadership Alliance!
The ISLA allows for Student Affairs and Services professionals at both campuses to come together once again to share leadership development knowledge, practice, and experience. The ISLA also provides an opportunity for student leaders from both St. John's and Corner Brook to attend leadership programs and experience various leadership events at the different campuses. The ISLA encourages on-going discussion and collaboration between the various student leaders and student leadership staff members throughout the year.
The Intercampus Student Leadership Alliance allows students from St. John's to attend the Student Leadership Conference in Corner Brook, Newfoundland, an overnight (1 day/1 night) event held at Memorial University's Grenfell Campus happening October 23rd, and 24th (flight times TBD). Memorial University will cover travel and meal costs for the duration of this trip.
- Out of the list of applicants from throughout our Memorial Leadership Volunteer pool, 4 students will be selected to attend
Students will be selected based on the level of involvement and position(s) held in the following programs since the beginning of the 2010-2011 fiscal year (April 2010)
- Orientation Fall 2010 – Orientation Volunteers, OAC's, or Student Coordinator Positions
- Horizons: LDW – Student Coordinator Positions, or Volunteers
- Memorial Ambassadors – Student Coordinator Positions, or Current Memorial Ambassador.
The questions that will determine the students selection are the following...
- Describe your leadership involvement within the position(s) listed above. What were the roles fulfilled for these positions and what did you take away from these experiences?
- In 200-300 words, explain why you would like to be a part of The Intercampus Student Leadership Alliance program, and what do you hope to gain from this experience?