One of the perks of becoming a HORIZONS student is that you are guaranteed a free spot in the Memorial University Leadership Education and Preparation program! L.E.A.P. typically takes place during the Fall semester, so make sure you check back later to find out more about L.E.A.P. 2012!
Mission of L.E.A.P.
To allow students to experience first-hand a day in the life of a Memorial student, meet with peers from around Newfoundland and Labrador who have similar interests, explore various leadership programs that are available to them at Memorial, be introduced to the support services, get a sense of the benefits of continued involvement in the post-secondary environment, and get familiar with Memorial's St. John's Campus
Who can attend?
L.E.A.P. is open to Level III students who have shown leadership ability through their high school and community involvement. Applicants must be a Level III student, and should be enthusiastic and creative people who intend to attend Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Information regarding the L.E.A.P. program, including when and how to register are available each year through the school's Guidance Counsellor.
Application packages will also be available online as the date for L.E.A.P. 2012 gets closer.
Why should you attend this event?
The objective of L.E.A.P. is to ease the transition from high school to university by letting participants know what to expect, where to go, and how to get involved in campus life, while having fun and meeting new people. The 2 day program is designed to develop leadership skills while becoming more familiar with campus life and what it is like to be a student at Memorial University. L.E.A.P. provides a valuable experience to high school participants in many ways:
You will ...
- Further develop your leadership skills and become better prepared for the transition to University.
- Meet over 100 students from over 50 schools around the province.
- Learn the benefits of getting involved in the post-secondary environment.
- Explore various leadership programs and support services that are available at Memorial.
- Interact with Memorial's staff, faculty, and students.
- Experience, first-hand, a day in the life of a Memorial student.
- Get a personalized tour of the campus.
- Get a head-start for next year!
If you have any questions, or would like any more information about L.E.A.P. please feel free to contact:
The Student Engagement Team
Ashley Watson and Sandra Cook