The Internationalization Office can provide you with immigration advising services related to your temporary resident status in Canada.
Appointments for immigration advising services as well as immigration information sessions are provided by Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants and are available to international students of Memorial University. For information, click here.
For information about issues related to your immigration status as an international student, click on the below links to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website:
- Applying for your Initial Study Permit
- Study Permit Renewal
- Work Off Campus
- Coop Work Permit
- Post Graduate Work Permit
- Entry Visa (TRV) application from inside of Canada
- Destitute Student Work Permit
- Spousal Work Permit
- Inviting People to Visit you in Canada
- Replacing an immigration document
- Requesting an amendment to an immigration document
When applying for Canadian immigration documents, you may need letters from the institution to confirm your admission, enrollment or completion of your program. The School of Graduate Studies is responsible for such letters for graduate students. And the Registrar's Office is responsible for such letters for undergraduate student. It is important to note that while you can access many letters from your Memorial Self-Service, letters for immigration purposes often require additional information.
- For insruction on requesting enrollment letters for graduate students, click here.
- For instructions on requesting enrollment letters for undergraduate students, click here.
If since joining Memorial University as an international student, you have become a permenant resident, click here for information about how to record a change in status with the University from international student to permanent resident.