To study one or two semesters abroad is a wonderful opportunity to experience a new academic environment and way of life as an integral part of your degree. Memorial University is a unique destination for short-term study for both undergraduate and graduate students from other institutions; we are proud to offer a wide range of academic programs across many disciplines..
With three campuses in Newfoundland and Labrador (St. John's & Corner Brook Campuses, Marine Institute) and one campus in the United Kingdom (Harlow), our locations are sure to offer you the exact experience that you are looking for.
We pride ourselves on our welcoming atmosphere for new students and the many programs and services we offer to help you adjust to life in Newfoundland & Labrador and make your time unforgettable.
Some agreements are university-wide and some are restricted to different departments or study areas. You will generally only be allowed to study in the area named in the agreement. For university-wide agreements, faculties and departments have to grant approval for inbound exchange students. To find out if your university has an agreement with us, check our database of international exchange agreements.
You must be nominated by your home University before applying for exchange studies. If your university does not have an exchange agreement with Memorial University, you can still study with us as a Visiting Student.
Winter (Jan – Apr) : September 15
Spring (May – Aug) : February 3
Fall (Sept – Dec) : May 1
The following forms are required for your exchange semester at Memorial University (all non-business exchanges):
- Application for Inbound Exchange
- Undergraduate Application for Admission (as an exchange student, you do not need to pay the application fee). Graduate exchange students also need to fill out this form.
- English proficiency- http://www.mun.ca/regoff/calendar/sectionNo=REGS-0279
- Letter of nomination completed by coordinator at the home university
- Course Selection Form - Choose top 10 courses
- A copy of your most recent Transcripts (please provide English translation)
- MUN Mentors application (optional)
Inbound Exchange Application Package: Download here
Please send all forms for non-business exchanges to:
323 Prince Philip Drive
G.A. Hickman Building, Room ED4007
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL CANADA A1B 3X8
If submitting by email – your application must be directly submited by the coordinator at your hope school to email@example.com