Please Enter a Search Term

Exchange Students

Exchange Students

Memorial University is a unique destination for short-term study for both undergraduate and graduate students from other institutions; we are proud to offer a wide range of academic programs across many disciplines. (If you are a Memorial University student wishing to go abroad, please visit our Outbound Students page).

With three campuses in Newfoundland and Labrador (St. John's & Corner Brook Campuses, Marine Institute) and one campus in the United Kingdom (Harlow), our locations are sure to offer you the exact experience that you are looking for. The person through whom you can be nominated by your home university are:

St. John's Campus   Faculty of Business, St. John's   Corner Brook Campus   Marine Institute, St. John's
Chris Hibbs
Internationalization Office
St. John's Campus

Peter Gill
Manager International Programs
Faculty of Business Administration


Nicole Watson
Exchange Coordinator
Grenfell Campus



Sonia Ho
Marine Institute International

Some agreements are university-wide and some are restricted to different departments or study areas. You will only be allowed to study in the area named in the agreement. For university-wide agreements, faculties and departments have to grant approval for inbound exchange students. To find out if your university has an agreement with us, check our database of international exchange agreements.

You must be nominated by your home University before applying for exchange studies. If your university does not have an exchange agreement with Memorial University, you can still study with us as a Visiting Student.


Application Procedures, Documents and Deadlines


  • Winter (Jan – Apr) : September 15
  • Spring (May – Aug) : February 3
  • Fall (Sept – Dec) : May 1


The following forms are required for your exchange semester at Memorial University (all non-business exchanges: if you are a business student wishing to come on exchange, please conmplete the separate application through our Faculty of Business Administration):

  • Application for Inbound Exchange
  • Undergraduate Application for Admission (as an exchange student, you do not need to pay the application fee). Graduate exchange students also need to fill out this form. 
  • Proof of English proficiency-
  • Letter of nomination completed by coordinator at the home university
  • Course Selection Form - Choose top 10 courses
  • A copy of your most recent Transcripts (please provide English translation)
  • MUN Mentors application (optional)


  1. All non-business students AND graduate students coming for course-based exchange should complete the Inbound Exchange Application
    1. Graduate students coming as visiting researchers should consult with the School of Graduate Studies
    2. Students wishing to participate in exchange with the Faculty of Business Administration at the St. John's campus should consult with the information listed on their exchange page.
  2. All documentation should be sent from your exchange coordinator / international office to or mailed to 

Internationalization Office
323 Prince Philip Drive
G.A. Hickman Building, Room ED4007
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL CANADA A1B 3X8