Going Global Grant
Open Call for Applications !!!
The International Centre and School of Graduate Studies are pleased to announce the third round of funding for the Going Global Grant (GGG) program. The GGG will award travel grants of $3500 each to help supplement the cost of conducting research or a field study in a developing country. In addition, funding of up to $2500 for graduate student travel grants to attend conferences/workshops internationally is available.
Your application package must be submitted at anytime, however grants will be awarded on a first come first serve basis.
The Fall 2011, Winter 2012 and Fall 2012 rounds of applications saw successful proposals from students engaged in meaningful research in: the Bahamas, Cambodia, Guatemala, Peru, the Philippines, South Africa, and Tanzania. The students are from Business, Sociology, Political Science, Geography and Biology, and are pursuing research interests as wide-ranging as food security, fisheries, political engagement of indigenous peoples, gender-based violence and discrimination, the impact of climate change on coastal communities and regulatory and NGO's impacts on mining companies.
The goals of the GGG program are to:
- Increase the number of graduate students conducting international development research in developing countries.
- Engage, educate, and inform the university and local community about issues in international development.
- Highlight and actively maintain Memorial University's existing international partnerships.
- Foster new international partnerships and cross-disciplinary relationships within the university.
- Enhance Memorial University's visibility and stature around the world
To find out more about the grant, including project and applicant eligibility requirements, selection criteria and evaluation process, and training and reporting requirements, please click here.
To access an application form and to find out more about required supporting documents and application submission procedures, please click here.
Your application package must be submitted via email to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should read: GGG Application 2013 –Applicants Name.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact:
T: (709) 864-4053