To apply to the GGG program, you must submit all of the following documents:
1. General Information Form
Click here for the General Information Form
2. Project Theme and Ethics Checklist (including all required signatures)
Click here for the Project Theme and Ethics Checklist.
3. Research Proposal (including notification of ethics approval, if required and available)
You must submit a maximum 4-page (single-spaced, 12-point font, 1" margins) research proposal including the following sections:
- 250 words maximum
- Provide a brief review of related research and rationale for the proposed research project
Methods and Expected Results
- Provide a brief description of the materials and methods you intend to employ and the results you expect to uncover
- Discuss the significance and merit of the proposed research project in at least one of the following areas:
-The degree to which the project meets the development needs of the country
-The degree to which the project advances relevant theories and/or bodies of literature
-The project's employment of innovative research techniques
-The project's prospects for fostering partnerships, long-term collaboration, and follow-up research projects
Previous Travel and/or Leadership Experiences
- Describe your previous leadership and/or international travel (of 2 weeks or longer) experiences
Personal and Professional Significance
- Discuss the personal and professional benefits you expect to derive from your research abroad period
*Be sure to use headings to clearly identify each of the sections above in your proposal.
4. General Timeline
You must submit a maximum 1-page timeline outlining all planned research activities during the course of your research abroad period. Be sure to present your timeline in chart form using the following headings: Week, Planned Activities, Equipment Required, Location (City, Country). An example appears below.
Week Planned Activities Equipment Required Location (City, Country) 1-4 Data collection Surveys, water samples San Roque, Philippines 5-8 Data analysis Computer, data analysis software Quezon City, Philippines
Return to the Application and Submission Procedures page.
5. Letter of Support from your Supervisor
You must submit a 1-page letter from your advisor/supervisor/co-supervisor detailing his or her support for your research abroad period and your suitability to live in a developing country and carry out all planned research activities. This letter should be prepared on Memorial University letterhead and signed by the advisor/supervisor/co-supervisor.
6. Letter of Support from your Host Supervisor
You must submit a 1-page letter from your host supervisor detailing his or her support for your research abroad period and indicating that he or she has access to all of the resources necessary (e.g., supervision time, work space, lab space, equipment, transportation, research assistants, etc.) to support your planned research activities. This letter should be prepared on the collaborating institution's/organization's official letter head and signed by the host supervisor.
7. Up-to-Date Curriculum Vita (CV)
- You must submit an up-to-date Curriculum Vita (CV). In addition to your previous research activity, be sure to document any leadership and international study, work, or volunteer activities that you participated in during your undergraduate and/or graduate career.
To download a copy of the Application and Submision Procedures, please click here.
To submit your completed application, please follow these instructions CAREFULLY:
- Open call for applications: Your application package must be submitted via email to email@example.com .. The subject line of the email should read: GGG Application 2013 – Applicant's first and last name.
- Each application package should contain at least 8 documents but may contain up to 10 documents, depending on the individual applicant. You must identify each of the required documents according to the scheme below.
- All of these files should be compiled and saved into a SINGLE PDF document named GGG-Application 2013- Applicant's first and last name
- Once you have complied all of the necessary components of the application package into a SINGLE PDF document, you should send it via email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of your submission from an International Centre staff member. If you submit your application over the weekend, you should expect to receive a confirmation email on the following Monday.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above application and/or submission procedures, please contact email@example.com or call at (709) 864-4053. Return to the GGG homepage.
|General Information Form||General_FirstnameLastname|
|Project Theme and Ethics Checklist||Project_FirstnameLastname|
|Letter of Support from your Current Supervisor||Supervisor_FirstnameLastname|
|Letter of Support from your Host Supervisor||Host_FirstnameLastname|
|Up-to-date Curriculum Vita||CV_FirstnameLastname|
|All University Transcripts||Undergraduate_FirstnameLastname|
|Notification of Ethics Approval||Ethics_FirstnameLastname|
Please note: All information requested by the Going Global Grant (GGG) program will be used solely for the administration and management of the program and be accessible to members of the GGG advisory board only. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Memorial University Act (RSNL1990 Chapter M-7) and is used for the purposes of academic administration, program planning, and human resource management. Questions about this collection and use of personal information may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (709) 864-4053