Please Enter a Search Term

Safety and Security


If you are going outside of Canada as part of your academic program (to study, work or carry out research), you must follow these steps:

  1. Register your travel with Memorial through the Survey located on your Self-Service
  2. Register for MOBI 1000 from Self-Service
  3. Register your travel with the Canadian government
  4. Research your location and determine the Travel Advisory level
  5. If your destination is deemed: Avoid non-essential travel or Avoid all travel immediately contact the International Centre for further steps before your travel will be authorized by Memorial University
  6. If your Memorial academic program advisor, your co-op coordinator or your research supervisor have NOT provided you an in-person pre-departure orientation and approved waivers, you must contact the International Centre to arrange the completion of these important pre-departure components.