HKR holds annual awards celebration
Third year kinesiology Katherine Hogan (pictured here with Melanie Fitzpatrick from ProActive Physiotherapy) won three scholarships: The School of Human Kinetics and Recreation CFUW St. John's Scholarship, the CSEP (Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology) Undergraduate Student Award, and the ProActive Physiotherapy Award in Human Anatomy. Katherine also made the Dean's List, along with 36 other students.
Thirteen students received Pass with Distinction Awards. Three were given Dean's Award for Exemplary Work Term Performance: Andrew Caines, Steven Hogan and David Hickey. Andrew also spoke to everyone about his experience with the co-op program and how much is work terms helped him as both a student and a person.
(To see a list of who made the Dean's List and the Pass with Distinction Awards, view a PDF of the program here)
Other scholarships winners:
- Kim Woodford - Margaret (Mag) Davis Memorial Scholarship
- Peter Coleman - J. Douglas Eaton Alumni Scholarship
- Sharayah Banks - Everest 2010 Mountain of Learning Award
- Hilary Walsh - Matthew J. Foster Alumni Scholarship
- Anthony Andrews - Dr. M.O. and Grace Morgan Scholarship in Physical Education
- Andrea Anderson - Rick Morris Memorial Scholarship
- Nicholas Snow - School of Human Kinetics and Recreation 30/25th Anniversary Scholarship
- Jacob Best - MRM Kinetics Award: