Allied Health Services is pleased to offer firefighter physical fitness evaluations for the St. John’s Regional Fire Department. The current protocol we are following is the Canadian Forces Fire Marshal’s (CFFM) Firefighter Pre-Entry Fitness Evaluation.
- All fitness testing will take place at the PowerPlex, 90 Crosbie Road, St. John’s, NL
- Appointments can be made by calling 709-864-6796
- Applicants must register for testing at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled testing date
- Applicants must have the medical clearance form signed by a physician prior to testing
- The CFFM Firefighter Pre-Entry Fitness Evaluation involves a graded exercise test and 6 job related fitness tasks that are completed on a single testing day. Expect to be at the PowerPlex Gymnasium 3 hours on the day of your test.
Printable information about testing, forms and video
- General Information Package (pdf)
- Medical Clearance Form (pdf)
- Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q)
- CFFM Pre-Entry Fitness Evaluation (1st edition) video
Registration may be completed on campus in person at the main office of the School of Human Kinetics and Recreation, in the physical education building PE2029 (campus map). Credit/debit card, cheque or cash are acceptable forms of payment. The cost of the fitness test is $350.00 + HST. The general office is open Monday to Friday during the following times: 8:30-10:30 am 11:00am-12:00 pm 1:00-3:30 pm.
Registration must be completed at least 2 weeks in advance of your testing date and there are NO refunds for missed appointments. Also, there are NO refunds if you cancel your testing appointment without a valid medical reason and accompanying note from your physician. With a valid medical note, you will receive a refund of 50%.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS regarding your testing appointment, please contact Allied Health Services by phone at 709-864-6796 or email at email@example.com
- Arrange an appointment with your physician to complete the medical clearance form
- Download and read the Medical Clearance Form and General Information Package carefully
- Follow the preparation instructions
- On your test day please bring:
- Receipt for proof of payment
- Completed Medical Clearance Form
- Compleded Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
- Photo identification, such as a driver's license
- Personal belongings (see the Generic Information Package Link)
- Shorts, two t-shirts, running shoes, extra socks – several pairs
- Shower suplies (towel, soap... etc)
- Lock (for a locker)
- Light snack and water bottle