This is a work in progress, and we add more links as we find reputable, interesting, informative sites. Feel free to email us if you notice a dead link or know about a good health site.
The Canadian Health System
- A good overview of the Canadian Health Care System
- Principles of Canadian Health Care System
- Federal Government Website, Health Canada
- Wikipedia Encyclopedia Entry
- a great health e- magazine dedicated to health issues of university students. Filled with local multimedia content. Check it out!
General Health Information
- Antibiotics: when they are needed, when they are not
- Am I overweight?
- Cold or Flu?
- Drugs of Abuse
- Medic Alert Bracelets
- Smoker's Help line Newfoundland and Labraodor
- Testicular Self Examination
- Top 100 health websites you can trust. A list from Medical LIbrary Association.
- Wellness Centre, MUN
- Vaccination Information from Health Canada
- Birth Control: How it works
- Sexually Transmitted diseases (CDC)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Sexual Health Centre
Diagnostic Investigations Information
- Aldara application instructions
- Lexi Drugs from CMA website (registration required)
- MedlinePlus Drug Information
- Drug Alerts from Health Canada
- Familydoctor.org (American Academy of Family Physicians)
- Canadian College of Family Physicians Patient Resources
- Patient UK
- Mayo Clinic
- MedlinePlus Patient Information Listings from National Institute of Health (US)
- MedicineNet Health Information for Patients
Information for Travellers
- Malaria information from Health Canada including prophylaxis regiments by Country
- MD Travelhealth.com
Travel clinics in St. John's, which provded travel medicine expertise and vaccinations (including yellow fever vaccination):
- JEMA International Travel Clinic, 736 Water Street,St. John's, NL A1E 1C2,Phone: 738-JEMA (5362)
- Dr. Peter Seviour, 20 Lake Avenue, 3rd Floor, Dominion Memorial marketPhone 579-3797, appts M-F, 0830-1700