News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact the Office of Research, 737-8251.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant
Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
- CIHR Catalyst Grants for Pandemic Preparedness
- CHSRF/CIHR Postdoctoral Awards
- SSHRC Public Outreach Competition
- SSHRC Presidential Fund for Innovation and Development
- Canada Council for the Arts & SSHRC – Molson Prizes
- Canada Council for the Arts & SSHRC – John G. Diefenbaker Award
- Advanced Food & Materials Network Discovery Research Grants – Call for Letters of Intent
- American Cancer Society International Fellowships for Beginning Investigators
- Canada-India Science and Technology Cooperation Fund –Call for Proposals
- Canadian Cancer Society Student Travel Awards
- Canadian TREE Fund Call for Proposals for The Jack Kimmel Grants Program
- Community-University Research Alliances (CURA)
- Imperial Oil University Research Program
- Ukrainian Resource and Development Centre Awards
Imminent DeadlinesJan. 7
- The Goldhirsh Foundation – national brain tumour research awards program.
- Baillie Fund – small grants program.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research – Michael Smith prizes in health research.
- International Union Against Cancer – Yamagiwa-Yoshida memorial UICC international cancer study grants.
- Kidney Foundation of Canada – KRESCENT Program.
- Smithsonian Institution – fellowship program.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International – career development awards.
- Institute for Work and Health – Mustard fellowship in work and health.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (The) – Canadian research awards for specialty residents (medicine, surgery)
- Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation – foreigners’ fellowships programme.
- Royal Society of Canada – Konrad Adenauer research award (Germany).
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) – major collaborative research initiatives (letter of intent).