News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact the Office of Research, 737-8251.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further
information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
- CIHR HIV/AIDS Catalyst Grant (Community-Based Research)
- CIHR HIV/AIDS Operating Grant (Community-Based Research)
- CIHR Institute of Infection & Immunity – Emerging Team Grant: Canadian Microbiome Initiative
- CIHR Training Grant
- CIHR, SSHRC & NSERC’s Summer Program in Japan & Taiwan
- Canadian Diabetes Association 2010 Grants & Awards Competition
- Canadian Hemophilia Society (CHS) – Call for Applications
- Fulbright Awards for Research and Graduate Study in the U.S.
- Heart & Stroke Foundation (HSF) – Jump Start Resuscitation
- Alzheimer’s Association – research grants program (letter of intent)
- CNIB - CNIB Baker fellowship fund; CNIB Baker new researcher fund; CNIB Baker applied research fund; Barbara Tuck/MacPhee Family Vision Research Award.
- Canada Council for the Arts-Molson prizes; John G. Diefenbaker award.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (US) – clinical research awards (letter of intent).
- Deafness Research Foundation – research grants (Letter of Intent – second year application).
- Imperial Oil Limited – University Research Awards.
- Manning Awards Foundation – Manning innovation awards.
- National Kidney Foundation (US) – young investigator grant; clinical scientist award; research fellowship award.
- National Cancer Institute of Canada – student travel award.
- Royal Society of Canada – McNeil medal for the public awareness of science.
- Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research Inc. – conference and workshop grants; international collaborative research grants.
- Baillie Fund – regular grants program.