News and NotesListed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
- SSHRC Aboriginal Research Pilot Program
- NSERC/ESS Geo-mapping for Energy and Minerals (GEM) Program
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Fellowships in the Social Sciences and Humanities 2010-2011
- CIHR 4th Annual Partnerships for Health System Improvement
- JR Smallwood Foundation for Newfoundland and Labrador Studies
- SSHRC Bora Laskin National Fellowship in Human Rights Research
- SSHRC Jules and Gabrielle Leger Fellowship
- SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- NPRB Gulf of Alaska Integrated Ecosystem Research Program
- AACR Innovative Grants-Pancreatic Cancer Action Network *Formally Titled “The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network-AACR Pilot Grants*
- CIHR Fall 2009 Priority Announcement Doctoral Research Award (Specific Research Areas)
- KFOC Biomedical Research Grants & Allied Health Research Grants
- AACR-Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Pathway to Leadership
- AACR Fellowship-Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- AACR Career Development Awards-Pancreatic Cancer Action
Imminent deadlinesNov. 1
Canadian Breast Cancer Research Alliance – IDEA grants.
DAAD - German Academic Exchange Service – graduate study scholarship for fine arts, architecture, music, dance; German studies research grant (graduates and undergraduates).
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada – doctoral research award; research fellowship.
Memorial University, Office of Research – northern scientific training program.
Memorial University, Office of Research – president’s award for outstanding research (nominations and applications).
North Atlantic Treaty Organization, NATO Program for Science for Peace and Security – advanced study institutes; advanced research workshops; collaborative linkage grants; advanced training courses; science for peace projects.
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada – aid to research workshops and conferences in Canada.
The Tree Research and Education Endowment Fund (TREE Fund) – John Z. Duling grant program.
Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, Inc. - dissertation fieldwork grants; Hunt postdoctoral fellowships; post-PhD research grants.
Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada – grants in aid of research.
Parkinson Society Canada – clinical research fellowship program; clinical movement disorder fellowship program.
Canadian Hemophilia Society – research grants.
Canadian Hemophilia Society/Wyeth Canada – care until cure research grants