News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact the Office of Research, 737-8251.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
- CIHR fall 2009 Competition for Meetings, Planning & Dissemination Grant: Infection & Immunity
- CIHR Fall 2009 Priority Announcement Operating Grant (Specific Research Areas)
- CIHR Infection & Immunity Catalyst Grant
- SSHRC Aboriginal Research Pilot Program
- SSHRC Bora Laskin National Fellowship in Human Rights Research
- SSHRC Jules and Gabrielle Leger Fellowship
- SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- MITACS Call for Proposals for New Full & Seed Projects
- Heart & Stroke Foundation – Focus on Stroke 9
- Heart & Stroke Foundation Grants-in-Aid, Career Investigators Awards, and New Investigator Awards/Distinguished Clinician Scientist Award
- Heart & Stroke Foundation Research Scholarships
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Fellowships in the Social Sciences and Humanities 2010-2011
Imminent deadlinesOct. 15
Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador Education and Research Trust – research awards; Violet D. Ruelokke primary health care award.
Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation for International Scholarly Exchange – research grants; grants for scholars; doctoral fellowships.
Kidney Foundation of Canada – biomedical research grant; allied health research grant.
Molly Towell Perinatal Research Foundation – conference support; Molly Towell Fellowship; operating grants.
National Cancer Institute of Canada – research grants.
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council – standard research grants (application).
Stanford Humanities Center – external faculty fellowships.
American Lung Association – biomedical research grant; clinical patient care research grant; social-behavioural research grant; lung health dissertation grant; senior research training fellowship.
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council – community-university research alliances (letter of intent).
Calgary Institute for the Humanities – visiting research fellowships.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute – student excellence award.
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation – TransCoop programme.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) – external research program.