Out and AboutThursday, July 22
- PhD oral defence of Nabil Dawood, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, titled Behaviour of Steel Reinforced Concrete Panels Subjected to Direct Tension. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. IIC-2014, Inco Innovation Centre. Sponsor: School of Graduate Studies
Saturday, July 24
- Fourth Annual Rose Show at the Botanical Garden 12:30-5 p.m. 306 Mount Scio Road.
Sunday, July 25
- Fourth Annual Rose Show continues at the Botanical Garden 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Monday, July 26
- Structures and Interactions of Lung Surfactant Protein B(SP-B) Peptides, PhD oral defence of Muzaddid Sarker, Department of Physics and Physical Oceanography, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. IIC-2014.
Wednesday, July 28
- Meet Memorial open house tours hosted by the President's Office (Arts 2028) and School of Pharmacy (HSC) 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Thursday, July 29
- Bounds for Communication in Wireless Grids by Dr. Joseph Peters, School of Computing Science, Simon Fraser University, 1-2 p.m. EN-2022.
Wednesday, Aug. 4
- Botanical Garden will be open Regatta Day from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 9
- PhD Oral Defence of Jason McGraw, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, titled Group Gradings on Simple Lie Algebras of Cartan and Melikyan Type, 2-4 p.m. IIC-2014, Inco Innovation Centre.
- SSHRC Days 12-1:50 p.m. A-2071. Section by section tips for writing a SSHRC standard research grant. Contact email@example.com for further details and to register.
Tuesday, Aug. 10
- SSHRC Days continue 12-1:50 p.m. A-2071. Preparing the budget justification for a SSHRC standard research grant.
Wednesday, Aug. 11
- Meet Memorial open house tours 10 a.m.-1 p.m. features the Geochemistry Laboratory, ER-5045, and the Botanical Garden, 306 Mt. Scio Road.
- SSHRC Days 12-1:50 p.m. A-2071. Formatting and organizing your CV for application to SSHRC grant programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to register.