Please Enter a Search Term
Out and About
Friday, June 11
- Campus Food Bank's 12 Days of Giving continues until June 23.
- Oncogene mediated signal transduction in transgenic mouse
models of human breast cancer by Dr. William Muller, Cancer
Research Building, Montreal, Q.C. 11:10 a.m.-12:10 p.m. Gushue
- Lifelong Learning presents Introduction to Payroll Concepts 9
a.m.-4 p.m. To register for courses through Lifelong Learning, call
737-7979 or see www.mun.ca/lifelonglearning.
- Pediatric cancer and psychological functioning: Risk or
resilience by Dr. Robert Noll, Pittsburgh, PA, 3-4 p.m. Gushue
- Novel biomarkers for prostate cancer: Individualizing treatment
by Dr. John Thoms, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, 9:30-10:30
a.m. Gushue Hall.
Saturday, June 12
- The Off-Campus Housing Office and The Residence Life Office
leading a hike of the East Coast Trail: Fort Amherst to Cape Spear,
9 a.m.-4 p.m. Meet outside Corte Real. Sign up at
www.housing.mun.ca/och/students/ or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, June 13
- Canadian Higher Education Information Technology (CANHEIT)
Conference 8 a.m.-11 p.m. For details see www.canheit.mun.ca.
Monday, June 14
- Lifelong Learning presents Conflict Resolution course 9 a.m.-4
- Dr. Sanjoy Ghosh, candidate for assistant professor,
Pharmaceutical Sciences, will speak on The Pharmacology of
Anticoagulant Drugs 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Theatre H, Pharmacy.
- Harris Centre presents North Atlantic Knowledge Network:
Linking Regions for Dialogue and Partnership 12-1:30 p.m. McCann
Centre, Education Building. Register for Harris Centre events at
email@example.com or 737-8405.
- Harris Centre presents Revitalizing Rural and Urban Relations:
Bridging Stories and Policies, 9:30-11 a.m. 10 Barter's Hill, Cabot
Building, 10th floor boardroom.
- Subsurface Moisture Storage Patterns Derived From Hydrologic
Model and Satellite Measurements During Extreme Period of Dryness,
PhD oral defence of Clement Agboma, Faculty of Engineering and
Applied Science, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. EN-4002.
Tuesday, June 15
- Lifelong Learning presents Mail Merge Using MS Word 2007 9
- NLCAHR presents Whether We like It or Not: Perspectives on
Health Care Reform with Dr. Pierre-Gerlier Forest, President of the
Trudeau Foundation, 1-2:30 p.m. A-2029 (teleconference available on
request). Details and registration information:
- Instructional Development Office presents Course Design through
Constructive Alignment 9 a.m.-4 p.m. ED-2030B, Education Building.
To register for IDO events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Diabetes and Lipotoxic heart disease: Glutathione as the common
link by Dr. Sanjoy Ghosh, candidate for Assistant Professor,
Pharmaceutical Sciences, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Theatre H, Pharmacy.
- Wednesday, June 16
- DELT presents Introduction to Desire2Learn for Distance
Instructors 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. E-1001. Register for DELT courses at
- Influence of Different Parameters on Shear Strength of FRP
Reinforced Concrete Beams without Web Reinforcement, PhD oral
defence of Md. Shah Alam, Faculty of Engineering and Applied
Science, 2-4 p.m. EN-2022.
Thursday, June 17
- Carol Boland celebrates retirement 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. UC-2001
(across from the Bookstore).
- Lifelong Learning presents Basics of Editing 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- DELT presents Introduction to Desire2Learn for On-campus
Instructors 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. E-1001.
Friday, June 18
- Lifelong Learning presents Effective Leadership 9 a.m.-4
Sunday, June 20
- Immigrant Advisory Council in partnership with the History
Department present a collaborative lecture for World Refugee Day
5-7 p.m. AA-1046.
Monday, June 21
- Lifelong Learning presents Successful Performance Appraisals 9
Tuesday, June 22
- Lifelong Learning presents Coaching for Peak Performance 9
- The Pharmacology of Anticoagulant Drugs by Dr. Ted Lakowski,
candidate for assistant professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences, 11:30
a.m.-12:30 p.m. Theatre H, Pharmacy.
- Gardiner Centre presents Become a Master Negotiator Seminar (2
days) 9 a.m.-5 p.m. B-4019. Register for Gardiner courses at
www.mun.ca/gardinercentre or call 737-2131.
- DELT presents Introduction to Elluminate Live! 9:30 a.m.-12
Wednesday, June 23
- Gardiner Centre presents Facilitation Skills Training Seminar
(2 days) 9 a.m.-5 p.m. B-4019.
- DELT presents Using the Gradebook in Desire2Learn, 1:30-4 p.m.
Tuesday, June 29
- IDO presents Aligning Components for Effective Course Design 9
a.m.-4 p.m. ED-2030B.