News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact the Office of Research, 737-8251.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
- Harris Center Applied Research Fund 2010/2011
- CIHR Fellowship: CANADA-HOPE Scholarship Program (2009-2010)
- CIHR’s 9th Annual IHSPR-IPPH Summer Institute: Revisiting the Foundations of Primary Healthcare Research
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Canada Research Bursary
- Janeway Research Advisory Committee Call for Letters of Intent
- Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Travel Supplement Grants for the European Cystic Fibrosis Society Conference
- CIHR-IHSPR Travel Awards for Trainees and New Investigators
- Patient/Client Safety in Home Care In Canada
- NCE-MITACS Accelerate Funding Opportunity 2010
- NCE-MITACS Networking Proposals
- NCE-MITACS Graduate Training Events
Imminent deadlinesMay 1
- DAAD - German Academic Exchange Service – German studies research grant (graduates and undergraduates).
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – collaborative multi-centre grants (letter of intent).
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada – aid to research workshops and conferences in Canada.
- Tree Research and Education Endowment Fund (TREE Fund) – Hyland R. Johns grant program.
- Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research Inc. – dissertation fieldwork grants; Hunt postdoctoral fellowships; post-PhD research grants.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council – synergy awards for innovation (call for nominations).
- Huntington Society of Canada – navigator research program; new pathways research program.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada – innovation challenge award (call for nominations.
- Canada-U.S. Fulbright Program – International Fulbright Science and Technology Award.