News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact the Office of Research, 737-8251.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada Contributions Program Call for Proposals 2010
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada Tech Fund Statements of Interest
- HSF/CIHR Population Health Intervention Research
- Holistic Health Research Foundation: Research in Massage Therapy
- HSF Built Environment: Population Health Intervention Research
- HSF- Monitoring and Optimizing CPR 2010
- Resuscitation and Knowledge Transfer and Exchange 2010: Community and Health Care Providers
- Academics for Higher Education and Development Grant Competition 2010
- Prostate Cancer Canada 2010 Request for Applications: Clinician-Scientist Program
- Kidney Foundation of Canada (KFOC) Allied Health Post Doctoral Fellowship and Allied Health Scholarship
- Cancer Research Institute (New York) – Irvington Institute fellowship program.
- Canadian Cancer Society Research Institute – student travel awards.
- Dairy Farmers of Canada – nutrition research funding program (letter of intent).
- Canada Council for the Arts – project grants for organizations in the visual arts.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council/Canada Council for the Arts – new media initiative.
- The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada – gold medal award (nominations).
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation – TransCoop program.
- March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation – research grants (letter of intent).
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – K.J.R. Wightman award for scholarship in ethics.
- Scottish Rite Charitable Foundation of Canada – major research grant; graduate student awards.