News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact the Office of Research, 737-8251.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
- Rural and Urban Differences: The Experience of People with Disabilities
- Heart and Stroke Foundation – Focus on Stroke 9
- Heart and Stroke Foundation Research Scholarships
- Canadian Municipal Water Management Research Consortium/Canadian Water Network Call for Expressions of Interest – Research Projects: Options to Address Emerging Contaminants
- IGH Travel Award for Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
- 2009 Research Program on Care Practice in Cognitive Impairment in Aging
- CIHR’s Regional Partnership Program – Full Application
- Partnerships for Health System Improvement (PHSI) 2009-2010
- MITAC’s Call for Proposals for New Full and Seed Projects
- Vice-President’s Grants Committee
Imminent DeadlinesOCT. 1
Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – clinic incentive grants; clinical fellowship; transplant centre incentive grants; scholarships; fellowships; studentships.
Cancer Research Institute (New York) – Irvington Institute fellowship program.
Memorial University, Office of Research – salary-based research grants program (re-designation of salary).
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – biomedical research grants; clinical and population health research grants; career development awards – postdoctoral fellowships and studentships.
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study – fellowship program (creative arts, humanities and social sciences).
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council – Jules and Gabrielle Léger fellowship.
University of Cambridge, Centre of African Studies – African Studies visiting research fellowships scheme.
Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars – fellowships.
National Institutes of Health (US) – new research grants.
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Strategic Research Grants – research development initiatives.