News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact the Office of Research, 737-8251.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
• Breast Cancer Research Foundation – AACR Grant for Translational Breast Cancer Research
• Burroughs Wellcome Fund – Preterm Birth Initiative
• CIHR Emerging Team Grant: Co-morbidity of brain
disorders and other health problems
• CIHR Grants: Meetings, Planning and Dissemination (Various Institutes)
• CIHR Operating Grant: Boys’ and Men’s Health
• Government of Canada New Horizons for Seniors Program
• Janeway Research Advisory Committee – Letters of Intent
• NSERC Strategic Network Grants Program
Imminent deadlinesJuly 1
International Union Against Cancer – Yamagiwa-Yoshida memorial UICC international cancer study grants.
Canadian Blood Services – postdoctoral fellowship.
Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council of Canada – E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellowship (nomination).
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International – research grants; career development awards.