News & Notes
For more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251 or e-mail email@example.com.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
• Canadian Arthritis Network
• Canadian Hemophilia Society/Association of Hemophilia
Clinic Directors of Canada Homeostasis Fellowship Award
• CIHR Catalyst Grant – Planning and Development in
Mental Health and Addiction in the Workplace
• CIHR Operating Grant – Healthy Living and Chronic
• CIHR Seed Grant in HIV/AIDS (Community Based
• CIHR Synthesis Grant: Knowledge Translation
• CIHR HIV/AIDS Population Health and Health
• CIHR Planning and Development in Mental Health and
Addiction in the Workplace
• HSFO Master’s Studentship Award 2008/2009
• The Kidney Foundation of Canada – Postdoctoral
• The Kidney Foundation of Canada – Special
Postdoctoral Fellowship Competition
• NSERC Strategic Network Grants Program
• NSERC Strategic Projects Grants Competition
• NSERC Major Resources Support (MRS) Grants
• Secondary Stroke Prevention Health Services and Care Team
• SSHRC Aid to Research Workshops and Conferences in
• Stem Cell Network Core Research Program
• Stem Cell Network Catalyst Research Program
• Tri-Agency Partnership on Knowledge Syntheses on the Environment
DAAD - German Academic Exchange Service – German studies
research grant (graduates and undergraduates).
EJLB Foundation – scholar research programme (letters of
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council –
Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council –
synergy awards for innovation
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
– aid to research workshops and conferences in
Tree Research & Education Endowment Fund (TREE Fund) –
Hyland R. Johns grant program.
Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research Inc. –
dissertation fieldwork grants; Hunt postdoctoral fellowships;
post-Ph.D. research grants.
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council –
international opportunities fund (development grants and project
grants – application deadline).
Canada Council for the Arts – Killam research
Huntington Society of Canada – navigator research program
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
– innovation challenge awards (nomination).
Canadian Hemophilia Society/Association of Hemophilia Clinic
Directors of Canada/Nova Nordisk Canada Inc. – hemostasis
Canada-U.S. Fulbright Program – international Fulbright science and technology award.