Facilities Development and Renewal
Director: Keith Bowden, P.Eng.
- Preparation of feasibility studies and cost analysis of capital projects and major alterations.
- Engineering design & project management services.
- Development & maintenance of design standards.
- Coordination of external contracts for Architectural/Engineering/Interior Design services.
- Preparation of technical standards and procedures.
Project Design and Management
- Provision of project cost and estimating services.
- Manage architectural, mechanical and electrical construction, renovation and refurbishing projects for building and exterior development on campus.
- Provision of design services including preparation, maintenance and archiving of technical drawings. Preparation of technical specifications for tenders.
- Construction management services coordinating all internal and external stakeholders through all phases of project delivery.
Space Planning and Administration
- Maintenance of Space Planning software.Compilation and administration of the space inventory.
- Development of a formal University-wide space policy.
- Detailed review of space issues for each major division of the University.
- Development of a formalized space allocation model.
- Development and implementation of a graphical space information system.
- Development of a budget/costing model for space changes within the University.