Facilities Development and Renewal
Assistant Director: Keith Hiscock
- Preparation of feasibility studies and cost analysis of capital projects and major alterations.
- Engineering design & project management services.
- Development & maintenance of design standards.
- Coordination of external contracts for Architectural/Engineering/Interior Design services.
- Preparation of technical standards and procedures.
Project Design and Drafting
- Manage architectural, mechanical and electrical construction, renovation and refurbishing projects for building and exterior development on campus.
- Provision of drafting services including preparation, maintenance and archiving of technical drawings. Preparation of technical specifications for tenders.
- Office design services.
- Maintenance of Space Planning software.
- Building inspection and quality control. Interior/exterior signage design, screening and printing.
- Interior/exterior signage design, screening and printing.
- Design and servicing of locking systems.
- Minor construction projects.
- Building repairs and maintenance including carpentry.
- Building repairs & maintenance.
- Administers external contract for Maintenance Painting.
- Grounds maintenance and caretaking.
- Landscape improvements and planning.
- Interior/exterior plant maintenance. Weed & insect control.
- Roadway/sidewalk maintenance and improvements, snowclearing/ice control.
- Underground services.
- Solid waste removal/shredding and disposal of confidential documents.
- University way finding system/standards.
- Pathological incineration.
- Transportation services.
Space Planning and Administration
- Compilation and administration of the space inventory.
- Development of a formal University-wide space policy.
- Detailed review of space issues for each major division of the University.
- Development of a formalized space allocation model.
- Development and implementation of a graphical space information system.
- Development of a budget/costing model for space changes within the University.