Memorial English Students' Society
Welcome to the official web page for the Memorial English Students' Society (MESS). We're not just a society, we're a group of friends. If you are an English student, in the Faculty of Arts, or just completing a few courses, feel free to drop by our society room and meet some of the most amazing people you'll ever know.
We can usually be found in Arts 3027A!
Check out our upcoming events here!
The six executive members can usually be found at one point or another in the MESS room, so please don't hesitate to stop by and ask for us!
MESS is a source of courage, strength, friendship, encouragement and more for countless undergraduate students studying at Memorial. As a society it fosters better writers and stronger students and as a social base it creates long lasting friendships.
Being a member of the Memorial English Students' Society can offer many opportunities to students who are looking for a way to become involved in student life.
Our current and former members have:
- founded Paragon Press, Memorial's only student-run press.
- work for Memorial's student paper, the Muse.
- work helping other students at the Writing Centre.
- been recognized by Memorial for their leadership skills.
- work for the MUN Students' Union.
- attended numerous programs at MUN's Harlow campus in England.
- attended the Annual Atlantic Undergraduate English Conference to present their original work to their peers.
- completed diplomas in Professional Writing, Creative Writing, and Performance and Communications Media, in addition to their undergraduate degrees.