Several different funding possibilities are available, often on a competitive basis, to assist graduate students in financing their full-time study and research in the Faculty of Education.
Calendar of Awards
Here is a link to a listing of awards available to Graduate Education students. The awards are categorized by month.
The Faculty of Education will assist students with certain research (thesis) expenses. Click here for more information.
Financial assistance for graduate students presenting at conferences is available under certain circumstances from the Graduate Students Union. Information is available at http://www.gsumun.ca/index.php?section_id=30. Funding for travel to conferences is not currently available from the Faculty of Education.
Several graduate fellowships of $5000 for one year, possibly renewable for the second year (depending on resources and students' progress), are available for full-time study (thesis route) during all three semesters. These fellowships are competitive. They MAY be pro-rated to assist during one semester of full-time study if sufficient funds are available.
Full-time graduate students may apply for graduate assistantships of $750 per semester to assist faculty members with research and teaching activities. Each assistantship consists of 56 hours of assigned activities spread over the semester (with no more than 10 hours in any one week)
Scholarships and Bursaries
Announcements will be made inviting applications at the appropriate time of year for the following scholarships awarded within the Faculty of Education. Please consult the University Calendar for additional information.
- The Dr. Ethel M. Janes Memorial Scholarship in Education (Graduate): One scholarship of $2000 awarded annually on the basis of scholastic achievement.
- The Dr. Austin J. Harte Memorial Scholarship: One scholarship of $1000 awarded annually in any Faculty of Education graduate program. Application deadline: March 15.
- Canadian College of Teachers Scholarship: One scholarship of $1000 awarded annually for outstanding research. Application by student or nomination by thesis supervisor.
University-wide Scholarships and Bursaries
Please consult the University Calendar for additional information.
- A. G. Hatcher Memorial Scholarship
- F. A. Aldrich Graduate Award
- School of Graduate Studies F. A. Aldrich Fellowships
- The Very Reverend Edward and Marjorie Rusted Harlow Travel Award
- The Bowring/Harlow Scholarship
External Funding Opportunities
CAPSLE Fellowship: The Canadian Association for the Practical Study of Law in Education is seeking applications for a $3000 fellowship. Applicants are asked to submit a one-page proposal for a paper, project, or research effort that, among other criteria, is applicable to current practical issues in education law. Proposals must be postmarked no later that December 31st.