Italian Student Resources
- Prego website - The companion website for the Italian 1000 / 1001 textbook.
- Modern Italian Grammar - Very useful as a reference and for extra practice.
Grammar and Vocab:
- Larousse - Very helpful English-Italian, Italian-English dictionary.
- Word Reference - Online multilingual dictionary word searches from English to Italian, to French, to Spanish, to German, and a host of other languages.
- Online bilingual dictionaries - Choose from a variety of online dictionaries to help you find the word you're looking for.
- Grammatica italiana - Practical guides to parts of speech and common proverbs.
- Italian Pronunciation Guide - Listen to and practice basic words.
- About.com - Italian language.
- Madrelingua - For beginners' level students.
- Puntolingua - Exercises at the beginners', intermediate and advanced levels.
- Cyber Italian - Learn how to say gnocci and other common words correctly.
- Languagegames.org - Practice your vocabulary and have fun doing it!
- ieLanguages - Free language tutorials, in this case Italian.
- ILUSS Italian Online - Free learning area.
- Spellic.com - Vocab quizzes, hangman, and word games. Always remember to learn the gender with each noun. Definite articles are not tested here.
- One world italiano - Grammar exercises at beginners' level.
- BBC Languages - Learn Italian - Test your Italian level; learn with crossword puzzles and other games; or complete a self-contained course.
- English-Italian Dictionary - Dictionaries used for Italian-English translation. Also contains other language dictionaries.
- Transparent Language Proficiency Quiz - Test your level of Italian with this handy quiz.
- Digital Dialects - Practice your vocabulary playing these games that have audio as well.
Language and Culture:
- Italian Wikipedia - Practice your reading skills on a topic that interests you.
- Dante Online - Learn about this famous literary giant and practice your Italian reading skills.
- Italy on the Internet - Activities and web sites to help learn about Italian culture and the Italian language.
- Ciao Italia - Learn basic vocabulary, check out the Italian blog or try karaoke!
- Letteratura.it - Read about Italian writers on this website suitable for the intermediate to advanced level.