Through individualized personal counselling, outpatient psychiatric services and a wide range of group counselling, professional staff and faculty at the Student Wellness and Counselling Centre, with the assistance of supervised doctoral residents and practicum students from the various training programs on campus, help students to develop their own unique resources.
The Student Wellnes and Counselling Centre helps students develop their study strategies through academic support programming. The Centre offers support for study problems in which students learn to apply strategies for managing university level academic work more effectively.
Appointments can be made in person or by telephone, 864-8500 (Option #2). Appointments can not be made via email.
The Student Wellness and Counselling Centre (SWCC) Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
(Summer Hours 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM)
- Counselling services offered to currently registered students only
Students with urgent mental health concerns should avail of the following community based services:
- 24-hour mental health crisis line: 737-4668 (local) or 1-888-737-4668 (province-wide).
- Mobile Crisis Response Team: 1-888-737-4668 St. John’s Region.
- Psychiatric Assessment Unit: 777-3021 or 777-3022 24 hour Walk-in Crisis Service at the Waterford Hospital Site on Waterford Bridge Rd.
- Health Sciences Emergency Department on Columbus Drive in St. John’s 777-6335.
Student Wellness and Counselling Centre
5th Floor University Centre, UC-5000
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL A1C 5S7
Kelly Neville RN-C, MN, BSN
Tel: (709) 864-8500 (Option #2)
Fax: (709) 864-2087