ANVIL Eligibility Requirements
The following outlines the eligibility requirements for both the employer and the student under ANVIL:
To be considered eligible, organizations must be located in Newfoundland and Labrador and provide:
- An individual (generally a paid staff member) capable of supervising and evaluating students;
- Adequate facilities/accommodations and a safe working environment for the placement;
- A defined task with an appropriate academically relevant job description;
- An understanding of the purpose and academic requirements of co-op placements;
- An appreciation of the role of the voluntary, community-based sector and its potential for future work opportunities for students; and
- Proof they are a voluntary, non-profit, municipality and/or trade associations to receive funding.
Student (Employee) Eligibility:
- Students must be enrolled in Memorial University of Newfoundland co-operative education programs;
- Students must be academically eligible to undertake a work term
- Are not eligible to work in placements not related to their field of study;
- Must be 16 years of age or older and must be eligible to work in Canada; and
- Are normally ineligible to be hired by applicants who are immediate family members.
Note: Eligible students must be hired as employees within the employer organization, i.e. a student is not eligible to be hired as an independent contractor