PRIMARY GOAL: OBJECTIVES
- To develop, implement and evaluate a "train-the-trainer" program in maternal and child health through the Continuing Nursing Education Unit of FON-UL to be delivered to district level nurses who will then train and supervise village-based nurses, village midwives and other community health workers.
- To develop in operational model to strengthen the management and monitoring of district and village-based (outreach) nursing services for community and women's health in the context of the primary health care system in Indonesia.
SECONDARY GOAL: OBJECTIVES
- To provide graduate education in community and women's health for selected junior FON-UI faculty through the Master in Nursing program at MUN.
- To develop, implement and evaluate curriculum, pedagogy and materials for a Masters in Nursing program with specialization in community health nursing and women's health at FON-UI.
TERTIARY GOAL: OBJECTIVES
- To strengthen the institutional capacity of FON-UI to develop programs of research responsive to women's health needs and problems which will serve as the basis for health policy proposals to the Indonesian Government.
- To strengthen the knowledge and expertise of MUNSON graduate students and faculty by providing direct experience in international women's health and community development issues.
- To strengthen the institutional capacity of FON-UI and MUNSON to manage, deliver, and evaluate international projects.