On-going monitoring and evaluation were continuously conducted in various ways. Below is the summary of results. The evaluation was complete in the spring of 2000 by a team of independent evaluators from Canada and Vietnam.
Summary of Results:
- A genuine partnership has been created between Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN), School of Nursing and the Secondary Technical Medical School 1 in Vietnam
- Project well designed, smoothly implemented
- Proceeding on schedule
- 9 month training program well designed and well received by instructors, students, and officials and has required no curriculum changes
- STMS 1 teachers have assumed responsibility for teaching the 9 month program, hence projects sustainability has been achieved.
- All of the project's objectives were achieved beyond expectation, except one: expected progress has not been made in the desired level of English language proficiency needed for university study in Canada, instead students (nurses included) were admitted to the Master's degree in PHC Management at Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand
- Project has benefited MUN in promoting internationization and forging links to other international organizations
- A linkage has been created between the Vietnamese and Canadian Nursing Associations: A joint project has resulted.