- Thorburn, Jennifer. In press. "Acquiring Northern East Cree: A case study". In Papers of the Forty-Second Algonquian Conference, eds. M. Macaulay & J.R. Valentine. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.
- Brittain, Julie. In press. "Root semantics as a determinant of syntactic representation: Evidence from Cree-Montagnais Naskapi." In Papers of the Forty-Second Algonquian Conference, eds. M. Macaulay & J.R. Valentine. Albany, NY: SUNY Press.
- Rose, Yvan and Julie Brittain. 2011 "Grammar Matters: Evidence from Phonological and Morphological Development in Northern East Cree." In Proceedings of the 4th Conference on Generative Approaches to Language Acquisition in North America (GALANA), edited by Mihaela Pirvulescu. Somerville, MA: Cascadilla Press, pp. 193-208. download paper
- Rose, Yvan, Julie Brittain, Carrie Dyck and Erin Swain. 2010. “The Acquisition of Metrical Opacity: A Longitudinal Case Study from Northern East Cree.” In Proceedings of the 34th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development (volume 2), edited by Katie Franich, Kate M. Iserman, and Lauren L. Keil. Somerville, MA: Cascadilla Press, pp. 339-350. download paper
- Brittain, Julie, Carrie Dyck, Yvan Rose and Marguerite MacKenzie. 2007. "The Chisasibi Child Language Acquisition Study (CCLAS): A Progress Report.” In Papers of the Thirty Eighth Algonquian Conference, H.C. Wolfart (ed). Winnipeg: University of Manitoba, pp. 1-17. download paper
- Dyck, Carrie, Julie Brittain, and Marguerite MacKenzie. 2006. “Northern East Cree Accent.” In Proceedings of the 2006 Canadian Linguistics Association Annual Conference, Claire Gurski and Milica Radisic (eds), 14 pages. download paper
- Brittain, Julie and Carrie Dyck (principal author). 2006. “Initial Change as Abstract Vowel Realization.” Papers of the Thirty-Seventh Algonquian Conference, H.C. Wolfart (ed). Winnipeg: University of Manitoba, pp. 19-35.