Service Name: MUNmail
The Department of Computing and Communications (C&C) provides MUNmail, powered by Google Apps for Education, on a campus-wide basis. The MUNmail service provides e-mail, calendaring, an online office suite and collaboratve abilities via a web, mobile, or mail client interface. Currently the MUNmail service is only available to students.
- A Memorial branded Google Apps for Education environment including rich mail functions, calendaring, document collaboration, and chat.
- The C&C Technical Support Group supports the MUNmail environment and opt-in process.
- The service is available to current Memorial students and provisionally accepted students.
How to request this service:
- MUNmail is an opt-in service, requested by a user through my.mun.ca
For questions, please contact the C&C Service Desk:
In Person: HH-2012
Service requests can also be submitted via an on-line form
Out of Scope:
- Faculty, Staff, and Alumni
- This is a Critical service and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Unplanned outage notifications can be found at: http://www.mun.ca/cc/.
- The C&C Technical Support Group will manage the MUNmail opt-in process to ensure seamless user migrations.
- Once a user opts to use MUNmail, account migration and activation can take up to 24 hours to complete. During this period, the user’s old account will remain active and the user will be notified via email when their new account has been activated.
Processes and Tools:
- Service Desk (Remedy) services for incident management, tracking, and work-flow.
- MUNmail account creation (migration) provided as an opt-in process through my.mun.ca
- Service outages are managed through the RFC ITIL process.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Service Desk providing front-line client liaison
- The Technical Support Group assigns service role specialists
- The Manager of Student Computing is responsible for monitoring the provision of Google services and for contract renewal
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of total students
- Account activity
- E-mail volume
Revision: July 2012
Service Owner: Shawn Pendergast - Student Computing, Manager