Service Name: Email Distribution Lists
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides a Listserv service to manage large email distribution lists. The outcome is a reliable system for delivery of messages to a user-maintained list of addresses.
- A web-based listing and subscription management tool.
- New list setup via web-based form.
- Online archives.
How to request this service:
By phone, email, fax, and in person
- Service requests can be submitted by completing an online form
- A request for a new list creation is initiated using a web-based application form.
Out of Scope:
- Lists intended for personal use, or other non-institutional uses.
- This service is available 24/7 except during scheduled maintenance windows. Planned maintenance windows and unplanned outage notifications are found at: http://www.mun.ca/cc/.
- A request for a new list creation is completed within 5 business days.
- The List message delivery time depends on size of list, size of message, and how busy the Listserv server is at the time.
Processes and Tools:
- Online (web-based) new list creation tool.
- A web-based list management tool provided by Listserv.
- Service outages are managed through the RFC ITIL process.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- The Service Desk provides front-line client liaison
- Technical Support Group assigns service role specialists
- User provides List management.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of lists
- Number of subscribers
- Number of messages delivered
Revision: March 2014
Service Owner: Manager, Technical Support Group