Service Name: Email Distribution Lists
The Department of Computing and Communications (C&C) provides a Listserv service to manage large email distribution lists. The outcome is a reliable system for delivery of messages to a user-maintained list of addresses.
- A web-based listing and subscription management tool
- New list setup via web-based form
- Online archives
How to request this service:
- Service requests can be submitted via completion of an on-line form
- A request for a new list creation is initiated using a web-based application form.
Out of Scope:
- Lists intended for personal use, or other non-institutional uses.
- This service is available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year except during scheduled maintenance windows. Planned maintenance windows and unplanned outage notifications can be found at: http://www.mun.ca/cc/.
- A request for new list creation is typically completed within 3 business days.
- The List message delivery time depends on size of list, size of message, and how busy the Listserv server is at the time.
Processes and Tools:
- On-line (web-based) new list creation tool
- A web-based list management tool provided by Listserv
- Service outages are managed through the RFC ITIL process.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- The Service Desk provides the front-line client liaison
- The Technical Support Group assigns service role specialists
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of lists
- Number of subscribers
- Number of messages delivered
Revision: March 2011
Service Owner: Ash Stirling, Technical Support Group Manager